Elect Dr Strasser for Mayor of CBRM and watch this area grow!
Elect a man who gets the job done! We want change in CBRM!
Make your voice heard during these challenging times in Cape Breton and vote Dr John Strasser for Mayor in the upcoming CBRM Fall election October 7th - 17th, 2020.
We need leadership from someone who has been there. Never mind electing the same old same old in Cape Breton. Put your mark beside someone like Dr John Strasser who will create jobs and make our downtown thrive with lots of new jobs, businesses and incentives for people who move here looking for a better way of life, not just to retire.
We are tired of our young people moving to Halifax and other regions of Canada to find work. This is not fair when all we have to do is elect someone who will create jobs to keep our families working locally in Sydney, New Waterford, Glace Bay, North Sydney, and Sydney Mines.
Dr John Strasser has earned numerous awards in Cape Breton and abroad to his credit over the years including his time as President of Sydney Steel and founding board member of ACOA and New Dawn Enterprises.
Who better to lead CBRM that someone with experience, vision, leadership skills, and someone who has been there all along as head of various companies, educational facilities and other governing bodies in Cape Breton and abroad.
What is important to you in the CBRM? What issues have you fired up and need attention in our local economy in Cape Breton?
Well just like you, Dr John Strasser feels strongly about a variety of hot topics around the CBRM and feels now is the right time for a change! Elect Dr John Strasser for Mayor of CBRM in 2020 and watch things change.
Here are few issues that Dr Strasser will address in the upcoming debate at the Membertou Trade Convention Center Sept 24, 2020:
- Healthcare, seniors care, home care - More doctors, clinics strategically positioned in CBRM
- Jobs - build ecomony with targeted new business creation
- Tourism, cruise ships, railways
- Property assessments
- Stagnating ecomomy
- Container terminal
- LGBTQ issues
- Infastructure, NSEF, equalization - The NS Gov needs to respect our fair share of equalization payments needed in Cape Breton to fix roads, which are in desperate need of repair, sewer upgrades, and water to name a few.
Life Long Learner and Community Supporter
Dr. Strasser is a life-long learner and community supporter at all levels of education and leadership.
His education and experience include an Engineering diploma from St. Francis Xavier University, an Associate Degree in Business Management from LaSalle University, a Master of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University and a Doctorate degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the Technical University of Nova Scotia.
Numerous Life Long Accolades in Cape Breton
1. President Sydney Steel
2. Founding member of the Board of Directors of New Dawn Enterprises, a community development agency on Cape Breton Island
3. Founding member of the Board of the Atlantic Coal Institute
4. Federally appointed member of the Board of Directors of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA).
5. Inducted as one of the first four members, into the Wall of Honour at Sydney Academy High School.
6. In 2007, Dr. Strasser was profiled in a book entitled “The House that Sexton Built”, which focuses on the history of engineering education in Nova Scotia.
7. Dr. Strasser has authored two books on the subject of hockey: “Leopards and Lions” (A Parent’s guide to Hockey from Novice to the NHL”), in 1998; and “This is Academy Hockey”, the historical account of Sydney Academy hockey on the occasion of the 150th Year Anniversary of Sydney Academy in 1991.
Dr. Strasser has a keen interest in the game of hockey and has authored two books on the subject: “Leopards and Lions” (A Parent’s guide to Hockey from Novice to the NHL”), in 1998; and “This is Academy Hockey”, the historical account of Sydney Academy hockey on the occasion of the 150th Year Anniversary of Sydney Academy in 1991.
Dr. Strasser has a great love of Sports in Cape Breton and has contributed to many community leisure activities by volunteering his time and energies as a fundraiser, statistician and coach in football, baseball, soccer and hockey.
Donations are now being accepted to help offset expenses for Dr Strasser's run for mayor of CBRM 2020.
We appreciate any donations of time or money and thank you in advance!